Monday 30 December 2013

Large Fabriano Painting


Black and White Emulsion on Fabriano Paper
70 x 100" approx.

Having studied the urban environment around Leicester I this large emulsion painting on Fabriano paper. I used sections of my drawings to form the structure of the painting. I applied the emulsion paint very quickly using large household brushes, a sponge, a squeegee, and basically anything which I had lying around at the time. I encouraged drips by using a large amount of paint for each stroke. Amongst the chaos I showed some constraint by using masking tape in some small sections, peeling it back to show a sharp edge which looks like a section of a building. I liked the contrast this created. My tutor recommended to look at the artist John Virtue, specifically his Black and White London series.

No comments:

Post a Comment