Wednesday 19 February 2014

Self Directed Development


A4 MDF Painting


For this painting I chose to use a section of a photograph of a bridge I took on the river Soar. The painting has therefore become less figurative and more of a study of line and their relationship to one another. Some of my peers saw that it resembles a birds eye view of a landscape, almost like a map. The thick bold lines I got from the zooming in process were similar to that of some of klee's later more bolder work, or Franz Kline's 'Cardinal'. I am particularly interested in the way the colours and the line unite harmoniously in 'Wald-Hexen' and the directness and speed in which Kline appears to have made his lines.


Paul Klee - Wald-Hexen 1938 99x74 cm.         Franz Kline Cardinal 1950 200x150cm







No comments:

Post a Comment