Thursday 24 April 2014

Drawing Project Development






Black Emulsion and charcoal
A3 paper

As a development to my initial drawings I started working on a large scale, as I found these drawings lend themselves better to larger scales than smaller ones. I went out into Leicester to study the urban landscape some more. I felt that some of the previous drawing had no sense of depth to them, so I am now using both charcoal and black emulsion to form the drawings. Firstly, I draw out the basic structure with the charcoal, then I go back to the studio to add the black emulsion, which then gives the image it's depth. I have been particularly interested in the electricity pylons which I have encountered. The Pylons seem to me like skeletons, with their 3 dimensional structures - making them an fascinating subject for me as i'm looking in particular for interesting structural elements. 



No comments:

Post a Comment