Thursday 1 May 2014

Self Directed Colour Study Photoshop Edited

I created these Photoshop-edited versions of the colour study painting. I did this to see if adding colour to the white sections added to the painting - and if so what arrangement of colour worked. In the first image I added the colour which surrounded the white sections, I felt that this worked however it seemed like the safe option which I kind of knew would work. For the second image down I have used colours which are the opposites (in terms of colour wheel) to the surrounding colours, I didn't feel this worked particularly well as it didn't go with the rest of the painting which has a harmoniousness about it. For the third image down I wanted to see what happened if used the same colour for each of these sections, this also did not work as it somewhat flattened the image. For the forth image down I used a tool on Photoshop which allowed me to take sections from the main colour blocks and draw them into the gaps. I took sections which were from opposite sides of the painting (same for fifth image),  I felt that this brought the painting together more, making it feel much more whole and complete. 








No comments:

Post a Comment