Thursday 1 May 2014

Self Directed Composition Formation

In order to move the project forward I decided to see what happened when I isolated the thick black lines from the paintings and re adjusted them around. Firstly, I directly copied these lines from my A4 paintings so that I could clearly see their composition. 










Then I decided that I wanted to cut out sections of these compositions and arrange them to see how different parts could fit together, the process was almost like doing a Jigsaw puzzle. This process is a way for further abstracting any outcomes which my come from this process. Here are some of the compositions that I came up with. I used my judgement to arrange compositions that weren't too cluttered and seemed to work. This image (first below) became the standout composition - it seems to have a flow about it which I felt lacked in some of my other compositions.








No comments:

Post a Comment